Meiosis StagesTelophase I:
In telophase I of meiosis, the following events occur:
- The spindle fibers continue to move the homologous chromosomes to the poles.
- Once movement is complete, each pole has a haploid number of chromosomes.
- In most cases, cytokinesis (division of the cytoplasm) occurs at the same time as telophase I.
- At the end of telophase I and cytokinesis, two daughter cells are produced, each with one half the number of chromosomes of the original parent cell.
- Depending on the kind of cell, various processes occur in preparation for meiosis II. There is however a constant: The genetic material does not replicate again.
Next > Phases of Meiosis > Prophase II