What's a Biome?Biomes are the world's major habitats. These habitats are identified by the vegetation and animals that populate them. The location of each biome is determined by the regional climate. There are several kinds of land biomes. Some of which include:
- Deserts - dry areas that experience extremely small amounts of rainfall.
- Chaparrals - found in coastline regions and characterized by dense shrubs and grasses.
- Savannas - open grasslands with very few trees.
- Tundra - characterized by extremely cold temperatures and treeless, frozen landscapes.
- Taigas - forests of dense evergreen trees.
Biome QuizDo you know which land biome is home to the majority of plant and animal species in the world? Test your knowledge of the world's land biomes. To take the Biome Quiz, simply click on the "Start The Quiz" link below and select the correct answer for each question.
START THE QUIZ