Plants are tremendously important to life on earth. They are the foundation of food chains in almost every ecosystem. Plants also play a major role in the environment by influencing climate and producing life giving oxygen. Plant project studies allow us to learn about plant biology and potential usage for plants in other fields such as medicine, agriculture, and biotechnology. The following plant project ideas provide suggestions for topics that can be explored through experimentation.
Plant Project Ideas:
- Do magnetic fields affect plant growth?
- Do different colors of light affect the direction of plant growth?
- Do sounds (music, noise, etc.) affect plant growth?
- Do different colors of light affect the rate of photosynthesis?
- What are the effects of acid rain on plant growth?
- Do household detergents affect plant growth?
- Can plants conduct electricity? (Fruit Batteries Project - Sample)
- Does cigarette smoke affect plant growth?
- Does soil temperature affect root growth?
- Does caffeine affect plant growth?
- Does water salinity affect plant growth?
- Does artificial gravity affect seed germination?
- Does freezing affect seed germination?
- Does burned soil affect seed germination?
- Does seed size affect plant height?
- Does fruit size affect the amount of seeds in the fruit?
- Do vitamins or fertilizers promote plant growth better?
- Do fertilizers extend plant life during drought?
- Does leaf size affect plant transpiration rates?
- Can plant spices inhibit bacterial growth?
- Do different types of artificial light affect plant growth?
- Does soil pH affect plant growth?