Human Body Project Ideas:
Human body science projects and studies allow us to get a better understanding of the human body. Not only do we gain an improved knowledge of anatomical functions, but we gain a greater understanding of human behavior as well. The following human body project ideas provide suggestions for topics that can be explored through experimentation.
Behavioral Project Ideas:
- Does your sense of smell alter your sense of taste?
- Which sense (taste, smell, touch) is best for identifying foods?
- Does music affect blood pressure?
- Does fear affect blood pressure? (Fear Science Project - Sample)
- How does caffeine affect the body?
- Does exercise affect memory retention?
- Does music affect hand-eye coordination?
- Does the weather affect a person's mood?
- Does playing video games affect a person's heart rate?
- Do colors affect a person's mood? (Colors and Mood Project - Sample)
- Does gender affect reaction time?
- Is yawning contagious?
- Does smiling affect a person's mood?
- Does human behavior change during a full moon?
- Does room temperature affect concentration?
- Does sight affect the ability to determine sound direction?
Biological Project Ideas:
- Does a person's BMI affect blood pressure?
- Do all people have the same normal body temperature?
- Which type of exercises increase muscle growth the most?
- How do various types of acid (phosphoric acid, citric acid, etc.) affect tooth enamel?
- Does a person's heart rate and blood pressure vary during the day?
- Does exercise affect lung capacity?
- Does blood vessel elasticity affect blood pressure?
- Is calcium necessary for bone strength?
- Does light intensity affect peripheral vision?
- Does eye color affect a person's ability to distinguish colors?
- Do different stressors ( heat, cold, etc.) affect nerve sensitivity?
- Do food smells affect saliva production?